LAUREN JO BLACK • Sounds Like Nashville
The wait for a new Randy Houser album is almost over.
The Mississippi native is set to release Fired Up, a 17-track album, on March 11. The album is his second for Stoney Creek Records, following 2013’s critically acclaimed release, How Country Feels.
Fired Up will include Houser’s current Top 15-and-climbing single, “We Went.”
“I’m very excited to finally get some new music out there,” said Houser. “Three years is a bit longer than I expected in between How Country Feels and this record, and so much has happened in that time. I wrote a handful of songs on Fired Up, but there are songs like ‘A Little Bit Older’ that I knew I had to record the moment I heard them.”
The track listing for Fired Up is as follows:
1. “Back” (Jeffrey Steele, Bridgette Tatum)
2. “We Went” (Justin Wilson, Matt Rogers, John King)
3. “Chasing Down a Good Time” (Randy Houser, Jeffrey Steele, Anthony Smith)
4. “Senior Year” (Randy Houser, Rob Hatch)
5. “Mine Tonight” (Dallas Davidson, Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip)
6. “Lucky Me” (Randy Houser, Dallas Davidson, Craig Wiseman)
7. “Song Number 7” (Justin Wilson, Ben Hayslip, Chris Janson)
8. “Before Midnight” (Randy Houser, Shane Minor, Derek George)
9. “True” (Randy Houser, Rob Hatch)
10. “Yesterday’s Whiskey” (Brice Long, Kylie Sackley)
11. “Fired Up” (Rob Hatch, Dallas Davidson)
12. “A Little Bit Older” (Neil Thrasher, Michael Dulaney, Tony Martin)
13. “Gotta Get You Home” (Dallas Davidson, Ashley Gorley, Kelley Lovelace)
14. “Hot Beer and Cold Women” (Brett Warren, Brad Warren, Travis Meadows)
15. “Same Ole Saturday Night” (Dallas Davidson, Ben Hayslip, Martin Johnson)
16. “One Way” (Chris Stapleton, Lee Miller)
17. “Whiskeysippi River” (Josh Jenkins, Matt Jenkins, Trevor Rosen)
Derek George, who produced How Country Feels, will also produce Fired Up.